01 Nov 3 Digital Marketing Trends for 2020
If you’re planning how you should invest in marketing for your business in 2020, we have tips on 3 big trends for the year ahead. Take a look at the emerging trends below and ensure you include them in your mix of marketing activities to achieve better business results during the coming months.
- Online video ads
While online video marketing was big in 2019, it is set to grow further in 2020. Stats from the IAB show that digital advertising budgets have increased 25 percent year over year.
The big reason for this is that consumers are spending more time online than ever before and faster internet speeds and mobile technology mean viewing habits are changing. The stats below paint a clear picture.
- 78 percent of viewers will watch adverts in exchange for free online video content.
- Online video viewers watching educational videos are a more captive audience for adverts.
- 74 percent of U.S. consumers 13 years and older watch streaming or online video weekly. 41 percent watch daily.
- Location relevant mobile ads
Today we turn to our smartphones when we need or want something while we are out. For example, people look for restaurants, attraction tickets, transport and more on their phone and make an instant decision or purchase.
By showing a relevant ad at the right place and time to a smartphone user businesses can increase their number of customers.
To take advantage of this in 2020, you need to be where consumers are searching for information in the moment.
- Emerging Tech
5G mobile technology, enhanced AI, voice control and connected TVs, are all changing how consumers can be reached and engage with advertising.
- During 2020 voice search and smart speakers like Alexa will continue to grow in popularity, providing a platform for advertisers.
- 5G technology will change how content is accessed and mobile usage will increase dramatically.
- AI is continuing to advance and can enable greater personalization in digital video adverts.
With more people spending time watching online videos, engaging with smart speakers, voice search and using mobile devices with 5G it makes sense for advertisers to go where the audience is going in 2020 and beyond.